Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bike Ride Sampler


This is a compilation of scenes from a bike ride I took in the area surrounding my village. It starts in on a road that is basically a dike between two rice fields, then moves into millet fields, back to another dike, into the village neighboring mine, then back to more millet fields, finally finishing up with my own village and the road to my house.
Along the way you see several interesting things including: rice fields, millet fields, irrigation control structures (dikes and flood gates), mud brick houses, carts being pulled by donkeys and cattle, kids playing with old bike tires, animals being herded, and the village "town hall" right at the end (it's under the giant tree).

2 comments:

  1. This is hypnotic. I love to watch it.

    jhs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's with the music? Is that traditional music from Mali?

    Love,

    The tude

    ReplyDelete